Friday, July 30, 2010

Our CSA experience - first box

Our first box from the CSA
Yesterday we got our first box from the CSA. We got:

  • 12 eggs
  • 4 ears of sweetcorn
  • 1 large zucchini
  • 1 large summer squash
  • 1 red cabbage
  • 1 kohlrabi
  • 1 bunch of parsley
I will be honest, I was hoping for more zucchini. I think probably the sweetcorn ears took up a lot of the space. I like sweetcorn but there isn't as much you can do with it except eating it boiled or grilled. I prefer more "creative" recipes. My challenges are going to be the kohlrabi and the red cabbage. I have been scouring the internet for interesting recipes, hopefully we will find something useful. We are also going to eat a lot more eggs, but since we are cutting back on the meat I suppose that is not so bad. I already made frittata with some leftover potatoes yesterday, and I am planning some tasty pasta for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment